Join us on Saturday!
We’re excited to announce the following activities and speakers for Saturday’s 7th Annual Gathering of Community Gardens!
8:30-10:00 am Check-In and Light Refreshments in the Garden
10:00-10:45 am Choice of Workshops:
- Bio Intensive Gardening – Christy Wilhelmi
- Fruit Tree Care – Lora Hall
- Chicken Enthusiasts – Luis Sanchez
- Urban Agriculture at Pitchess Detention Center – Al Renner
11:00-11:45 am Choice of Workshops:
- Sowing and Transplanting – Yvonne Savio
- Crop Rotation – Joanne Poyourow
- Garden School Foundation Curriculum – Julia Cotts
- Cooking Demonstration – Jose Leon
12:00-1:00 pm Lunch with Keynote Speaker Robert Gottlieb, Henry R. Luce Professor of Urban Environmental Studies at Occidental College and Co-Author of Food Justice
1:00-1:30 pm Book Signing and Exhibits
1:30-2:15 pm Choice of Workshops:
- Biodynamic Compost – Steve Wynbrandt
- Reducing Childhood Obesity through Gardening – Nicole Gatto
- Get Started with Beekeeping – Luis Sanchez
- Science Projects in the Garden – Christy Brigham
2:15-3:30 pm Networking and Exhibits
Saturday, October 19th, 2013 at the Garden School Foundation at 24th Street Elementary School, 2055 West 24th Street, Los Angeles 90018.
We look forward to seeing you! RSVP to email@example.com to make sure that we have enough food, and please bring your own plate, cup, and fork to ensure a no-waste event.
Thank you for supporting community gardens!