Each year the city of Los Angeles gives funds to each Neighborhood Council. In past years this amount has been 40,000 dollars for Elysian Valley. Our EVRNC distributes some of this money back into the neighborhood through a Neighborhood Purpose Grant. You may be eligible to receive a grant. Here is a link for more information: http://done.lacity.org/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=121
Step 1. Click on the link below and download the application.
Step 2. Read the letter below from the EVRNC.
Step 3. Fill out the application and draft a “letter of interest”
Step4. Submit all materials to the EVRNC. Please note the due dates below.
—–Link to Neighborhood Purpose Grant (NPG) application——
If the above link does not work, copy-paste the following web address to your browser:
—–Start letter from EVRNC———
ELYSIAN VALLEY RIVERSIDE NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
Elysian Valley Recreational Center
1811 Ripple Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90039
January 16, 2012
Dear Prospective Neighborhood Purposes Grantee:
Please find a copy of the Elysian Valley Riverside Neighborhood Council’s (EVRNC) Neighborhood Purposes Grant Program application form (above). To submit a “Letter of Interest,” for this years funding cycle, ending on April 15, 2012, the first 2 pages of this form must be completed (in final draft form) and returned to the Elysian Valley Riverside Neighborhood Council (via mail to the address indicated above).
Please note the following timeline and other instructions:
- “Letters of Interest” are due no later than February 13, 2012.
- Applications will be reviewed and voted on by the board at our meeting on February 16,2012.
- Notifications of board approval or denial to fund your proposed grant projects will be mailed out at the end of February.
Should your proposal be approved, our February mailing will include a list of outstanding materials needed for your grant to be complete and submitted by the council to Los Angeles city offices for funding.
- Final proposals are due no later than March 16, 2011.
- Funds will be disseminated directly from The Department of Neighborhood Empowerment (DONE) Offices.
Funded proposals require* some amount of reporting to the EVRNC detailing the impact of grant funds:
1. Any visual documentation (digital format preferred): photos, video, etc.
2. Any letters of thanks or feedback from the clients or other community members involved in the project.
3. A presentation to the EVRNC Board, during regular board meetings at the Rec Center (address above).
4. Representation / Tabling at our public community events (Neighborhood Block Party, Frogtown Artwalk, Holiday festivals, etc.)
5. Written acknowledgement of the gift on written publicity materials, etc.
*Failure to supply the above information could affect your standing with the Board and may preclude your organization from receiving further funding from the EVRNC Neighborhood Purposes Grant Program.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your proposal and thank you in advance for your commitment and dedication to the betterment of our community!
~Elysian Valley Riverside Neighborhood Council Board Members~
*For any questions, please contact _______ via email at: ——- or in person during regular Neighborhood Council meetings (3rd Thursdays, every month).